Thursday, 25 August 2016
This weekend, I'll be at the Starburst Film Festival in Manchester. It's looking set to be a fantastic weekend, including:
- Film screenings, from classics like Aliens to lesser-known cult films like Battletruck to a range of new independent shorts.
- Premieres of brand new episodes of Red Dwarf and Inside No. 9
- More drinking
- Q&As with famous guests including Steve Pemberton, Toby Whithouse and John Glen
If you're in Manchester, come along! Tickets are available here.
Also, to promote the event, I wrote this Pokémon Go-fuelled trip through Manchester. It's one of the weirder things I've penned for Starburst, but there you go.
“Space – the final frontier.” Well, any episode that begins with the Doctor doing the Star Trek opening has my attention. That quote s...
Perhaps to be remembered as the one where the Doctor gets in on this year’s in-thing of punching Nazis in the face. But we’ll get back t...
Well, a lot happened there. Series 10 so far has felt like a deliberate shift away from the arc-driven, continuity-heavy excesses o...
Modern day opening, trip to the future, trip to the past – all in the bag. Now it’s time for the return to the companion’s modern day l...
After The Pilot started off Doctor Who ’s current run by shaking off the complex plots and blockbuster stylings of the Steven Moffat er...
- DVD Review: Only Yesterday
- The Starburst Film Festival! (and a bit of Pokémon...
- Starburst 428 - Out Now!
- DVD Review: Midnight Special
- Brilliant Failure: Rollerball
- Audio Review: Doctor Who - Fiesta of the Damned
- Creative Screenwriting: Plotting Film Noir
- Comic Review: Warship Jolly Roger
- Comic Review: Moments of Adventure - Collection On...
- Audio Review: Doctor Who - The Blame Game
- ▼ August (10)
- ► 2015 (73)
- ► 2014 (67)
- ► 2013 (54)
- ► 2012 (54)
- ► 2011 (28)
- ► 2010 (12)
Powered by Blogger.