Tuesday, 16 August 2016
On 16.8.16 by KieronMoore in Film, James Caan, Norman Jewison, Rollerball, sci-fi, The Big Picture No comments
Not mentioned, but worth adding here: when the pacing drops outside of the arena scenes, so does the colour scheme, and everything becomes '70s brown, from the suits and walls to James Caan's chest hair. The future used to be so drab.
“Space – the final frontier.” Well, any episode that begins with the Doctor doing the Star Trek opening has my attention. That quote s...
Perhaps to be remembered as the one where the Doctor gets in on this year’s in-thing of punching Nazis in the face. But we’ll get back t...
Well, a lot happened there. Series 10 so far has felt like a deliberate shift away from the arc-driven, continuity-heavy excesses o...
Modern day opening, trip to the future, trip to the past – all in the bag. Now it’s time for the return to the companion’s modern day l...
After The Pilot started off Doctor Who ’s current run by shaking off the complex plots and blockbuster stylings of the Steven Moffat er...
- DVD Review: Only Yesterday
- The Starburst Film Festival! (and a bit of Pokémon...
- Starburst 428 - Out Now!
- DVD Review: Midnight Special
- Brilliant Failure: Rollerball
- Audio Review: Doctor Who - Fiesta of the Damned
- Creative Screenwriting: Plotting Film Noir
- Comic Review: Warship Jolly Roger
- Comic Review: Moments of Adventure - Collection On...
- Audio Review: Doctor Who - The Blame Game
- ▼ August (10)
- ► 2015 (73)
- ► 2014 (67)
- ► 2013 (54)
- ► 2012 (54)
- ► 2011 (28)
- ► 2010 (12)
Powered by Blogger.